Why Study in Canada?


Tuition fees for post-secondary education in Canada are reasonable and affordable. As almost all Canadians go to public universities, quality of education is high and consistent across most institutions.


Canada is a multilingual and multicultural society where these qualities have value. Over 20% of Canadians were born abroad. It is safe and easy for globally-minded people to fit in to higher education and employment environments. In addition, Canada has an advanced and diverse economy, everything from aerospace to gaming, social media to biotechnology, small and medium-size businesses to major international banks.



Bachelor and Master degree programs often include practical and paid work experience. All international students can work up to 20 hours a week on and off campus from the time of their arrival until graduation as well as unlimited hours in summer recess or long-term breaks. Institutions offer dedicated career planning centers that help students to find employment during and after graduation, while offering interview and cv advice, and on-campus job fairs.


All international students may qualify for a post-graduation open work permit (PDWP) for up to three years to work anywhere in Canada, depending on the program length. There are many pathways to permanent status and then citizenship including a special fast-track for international students.

All these have made Canada perhaps the fastest-growing destination for international students.


At CUAC, we are dedicated to helping you find the program that will help pave the way to the future you have planned for yourself. As Canada’s oldest international student counselling organization we work closely with institutions to maximize to streamline admissions, course registration and all required for a comprehensive experience. Our counselling experts ready to help you choose the program that is the right fit at the time of your application.

Application Process

If you choose to work with us, we will find a suitable program and education institution that fits with your aspiration and your needs. We will help you through each step of the application process making sure all documents and information are presented appropriately and in the timely manner. We will ensure that the application will receive the most favorable review possible.

After you are admitted, we will make sure that the registration process and your arrival to the institution will be smooth and arranged.

Our services are free of charge as we are sponsored by the institutions themselves.

For immediate action, please email us at [email protected].


Tuition and living cost vary depending on the institution and location. We suggest that you budget at least $20,000 Canadian for tuition and fees for each school year. Many programs do have higher fees than this so the amount is ultimately contingent on the program and the institution you apply for. In addition, you need to budget a minimum amount of $15,000 Canadian dollars per year to cover the costs of food, accommodation and compulsory health insurance. Again, this amount is contingent on the city or province that you will reside. Please be sure to add other discretionary spending such as travel or entertainment expenses. Note that Canada has a “universal” health care system. With a modest annual fee, international students get exactly the same quality and scope of coverage as any Canadian. Just like Canadians, they are issued a card with a personal number which covers all medical visits or procedures to doctors or hospitals. Most institutions’ fees also include prescription drug and dental coverage which are not part of the health coverage.


University Transfer / Associate Degree / Diploma

  • $20,000+ (2 years)


  • $20,000+ (2 years)


  • $15,000+ (1-2 years)


Residence (excludes food)

  • $10,000+

Rental (excludes food)

  • $12,000+ (excludes food of $6,000+)

Books and others

  • $5,000+

Study Permit Application Process

Application Process

Application Fees

  • CAD$235 (Application + Biometrics fees)


  • Letter of acceptance
  • Passport valid for at least another year
  • Financial statements, scholarship proof, tuition and housing fee receipt
  • Guardian letter, school letter, parent’s job verification, birth certificate

Processing Time

  • 4-6 weeks

Working After Graduation

All students who study at least two years at a publicly-funded Canadian university or college may qualify for a three-year work permit (PGWP). The permit also allows for open travel to and from your home country. Shorter programs will still qualify for a post-graduation work permit of a duration equal to the program length.

Getting work experience in Canada after graduation gives the following advantages:

  1. If you return to your home country later, or want to live in another country, you will have impressive Canadian work experience to show potential employers. You will also be able to show that you worked with other Canadians of so many different cultural backgrounds.
  2. You can earn excellent income.
  3. You can establish lifelong friendships and professional relationships.
  4. You can improve your qualifications to get permanent status in Canada, such as through the “Canada Experience Class” or through other programs different provinces offer to attract international students to stay in Canada.
  5. You can improve your qualifications in case you wish to apply to medical school, law school or other professional programs. It also paves the way for postgraduate master and Ph.D. degree programs.

International students with spouse and/or children

There are advantages for your spouse (or common law partner) and children to come with you. Your spouse does not have to obtain a study permit and does not require a permit to enter Canada if he/she can travel to Canada without one. In addition, he/she could in general obtain an open work permit upon arrival without first having an offer of employment, under the following condition:

  • If the student receives a post-graduation work permit (PGWP), the spouse may apply for an open work permit under the C41 exemption for spouses and common-law partners of skilled workers.
  • Minor children who want to study for six months or more must apply for a study permit before they enter Canada. This includes minor children who come with parents who had a study or work permit approved overseas. A minor who is coming to Canada with a parent or parents who have a valid study or work permit, there is no need to provide a letter of acceptance from a school when applying for a study permit. Provincials and municipalities generally do not charge fees to children of study permit or work permit holders.

How to Proceed?

Email us on [email protected] to explore your study and future live in Canada.