top of page

Can I get CERB money if I’m an international student in Canada?

April 7, 2020 – Yes, you can! Canada has announced a new program, the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB), for almost anyone in Canada currently who lost their employment due to Covid-19 shutdowns. As a strong show of how much international students are valued, the funding is available not only to Canadians and permanent residents but even temporary workers and international students. Here are the official details:

To be eligible for the CERB, you must reside in Canada and have a valid Social Insurance Number.

Workers who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents – including temporary foreign workers and international students – may be eligible to receive the Benefit if they meet the other eligibility requirements.

For students who qualify, they can get up to $500 for the next 16 weeks from this Canadian government fund. All the details are in this official link here:

5 views0 comments

Success! You will get regular updates on news related to studying in Canada.

bottom of page